Update on the cross stitching. I've been moving right along on the birth record so hopefully this is something that'll keep me interested for quite a while. I was starting to get bored with it at one point but then I realized that was because I didn't really like the bottom half of the pattern. So I'm leaving that part off, problem solved! I'm also going to change the motifs the are supposed to go in each of the boxes on top. The rubber ducky is staying because I already had him stitched in before I decided to change everything. That's ok, I like him anyways. I'm also changing the border because it just doesn't match anymore with what's left of the pattern. ...I think that all for now.
I also couldn't resist starting another pattern. This one is a blackwork pattern I found online for free. I'm doing it in dark blue and there's little hearts that go in the big ones that I'll most likely be doing in red. I started this one because I wanted something to do that I wouldn't have to worry about constant color changes and for when I don't feel like working on the other one.
I'm trying very hard to stick to only doing two at a time so that I can actually get something finished for once. I've found a couple patterns I want to make for Christmas gifts so we'll see how that goes!