Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Christmas Goodies!

My precioussssssss. I've never used a sewing machine before so it's been fun(frustrating!) trying to figure it all out. I think it needs a name. Any suggestions?
MIL gave me all this fabric "to practice with" plus two others not pictured. It's all flannel except for the pony and snoopy ones. Guess I'll be making a lot of PJ's and blankies!
My very first sewing project and (amazingly!) it fits!
Also from the MIL, plus a Christmas scrapbook which is buried somewhere in the mountain of Christmas toys in the kids room.
DH's grandma gave me all this yarny goodness!!! What should I make?!?
And since I'm really crazy I decided to (attempt to) make a quilt for Noah because Paige has about 5 or 6 handmade blankets but no one has made one for Noah. I have no clue what I'm doing, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

Wow! I got my sewing machine, but not all those fabulous goodies.

I definitely need sewing lessons - I can't even get the stitches right and as for sewing in a straight line LOL.

How did you make that top so quickly?

Have a fabulous new year!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

How about Ludwig? It will be making beautiful music before you know it! What a beautiful baby, with that head full of black hair!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday, too!! Thanks!

Pikaboo said...

Thanks Charlene! That's a good idea for the name too!!

Ellie, I don't know how I managed to make the top so quickly. Must have been beginners luck!! I haven't even attempted to do different types of stitches yet and sewing a straight line is harder than I thought.

Ciyou said...

how lucky you are~ I wish I have a sewing machine as a present, but its kinda expensive at my country