Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Here's what I've been up to lately. I've been working on this baby blanket off and on. At one point I was gonna frog it but when I unburied it I decided to keep on going with it. It's almost half way done now. Not sure if it'll be for Boo or one of her cousins. The pattern is from Crochet Today magazine.
The Between Meals Centerpiece. After about 3 months of not touching it I've finally started working on it again a couple days ago. See all those loopys towards the outside edge? There's 92 of them and they each have 15 dc in them. That's 1380 dc in that one round!!! It took an excruciatingly long time to do that round. I'm sooo glad it's over. There's only about 8 more rounds to go!!
Thanks to the Bedspread Cal at Crochetville I'm finally getting somewhere with Whitney's afghan! 3 weeks ago I only about 6 squares done(after over a year of frogging and starting over and over with different patterns) Now I have 9 squares joined together and another 5 more made. I was really frustrated cause they wouldn't sit flat at all but they look so much better aftery they're joined and I'm already trying to decide how to do the border. Now the only problem is I'm almost out of yarn!! I bought this yarn over a year ago so I'm praying when I buy more that the new stuff will match the old stuff.
I finally got around to finishing the second sock! These are for my sister-in-law's birthday in Feb. She loves crazy colored socks. I hope they fit her....I hope she likes them!! I love how the stripes came out. I was planning on making a second pair but don't know if I'll get around to it. I definitely want to make some for myself...someday.



I also finished the knit scarf for DH but didn't get a pic of it yet cause it doesn't like to lay flat at all. That sweater I started is on hold and might not get done cause there's some issues with the pattern. It's very frustrating cause I spent a lot of money for nicer yarn and I really don't want it to end up buried in my stash and never used. Maybe I'll be able to find another pattern to use it with.

Other than that I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with crochet. Now if only I could find the time to do all the other crafty stuff I've been wanting to do!

No comments: