Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yummy stitchyness

I decided to take a little break from baby stuff *ran out of yarn* and pulled out an old UFO.  

I ordered Charleston Lady from The Stitchery sometime in ‘09, started it and then forgot about it.  As you can see from the pic (lower left) I didn’t get very far.  This pattern is a lot more detailed and bigger than I usually do but I really fell in love with it when I saw it in the Stitchery catalog.

stash002

It’s been calling my name so I decided to make it one of my 2011 crafty goals to get it finished by the end of the year.  I think I got a pretty good jump start on it over the weekend!  Isn’t she pretty?!  CrossStitch 026 (Small)

I really needed a break from those skin tones so I decided to start my Oak Haven SAL.  It’s a year long SAL and my first time joining one so I hope I can stick to it.  I finished the January square today and can’t wait for next months!  The owl and snow were supposed to be white but I really didn’t want to kill my eyes stitching white on white so I changed them.  *Hope that’s ok!*

CrossStitch 028 (Small)

Now I really should get back to the baby stuff.  Only one month to go before her arrival!!!

1 comment:

Nancy V said...

You are off to a good start on "January".

You mentioned your baby girl is due on Valentine's Day. I had my third child, a girl, on Valentine's Day. As a matter of fact, she was born in the middle of a big snowstorm in Massachusetts in 1969. I went on to have a fourth child, so I have 3 girls and 1 boy. I am truly blessed.

Good luck and blessings to you,

Nancy V

:-)