Monday, April 21, 2008

You can never have too many blankets

I saw this fishing flannel at Joann Fabrics and just had to have it for blanket for Noah.  I thought the iron on would be perfect since my dad can't wait for Noah to be his fishing buddy.  I later went back and bought some binding for it.  It's the first time I've put binding on a blanket and I'm glad I did, it looks so much better that way!  The fabric on the right was picked out by my husband.  He wants me to make him a blanket for the couch.  I was going to make it like Noah's blanket but then I decided to be adventurous and cut it all up into 6 1/2 inch squares to make it quilt-like.  I've been slowly getting all those squares stitched back together.  My machine is being very tempermental lately and doesn't seem to want me to make this blanket!  But I will get it done!  It'll be far from perfect but I know better to expect that and I'm sure hubby will love it anyways.

1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

OMGosh....as cute as that fabric is, it doesn't come close to that little snuggle bug lying on it!