Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pics are clickable...I think

My first sock! I plan on getting the other one made tonight. My Sis-in-law loves crazy colored socks so guess what she's getting for Christmas. When I bought this yarn I didn't really care for the colors at all and almost got something different. As soon as I started working with it I decided I love how the colors change and was very excited to see it lining up in pretty rainbowish stripes. It's amazing how different the colors look before and after. I want to make some for myself now! They're actually pretty comfy. Hopefully her feet are about the same size as mine. Got the pattern from here.

I've started many doilies but never really finished any. On Friday I finally got my butt in gear and finished 2 and blocked one. It's my first time blocking anything and probably could have been better but Boo decided to demand my attention while I was adjusting the pins so I had to leave it like it was. It's about 6 inches across.






I wanted to make something with beads and found this pattern. I thought the pony beads looked way too big for the lustersheen so I was going to use some good old red heart instead. Except I didn't have enough pony beads so I decided to be real adventerous and use size 10 tread and sead beads. The only other change I made was to add beads to the last row on the top. I really like how it turned out. Was going to use it for a change purse but I think it's much to nice for that. Don't know what to do with it now but I may have to make some more for gifts.


I also made some leg warmers for Boo's Halloween costume but I gotta wait til Halloween for those pics. She has a bad habit of spitting up all over at the worst possible moment and I don't want to get the leg warmers all yucky before we absolutely have to!
Yes, I realize nothing I've shown lately is on my Wip's list. Do you seriously know anybody who sticks exactly to thier lists?? I really have been working on most the Christmas stuff on the list too, just haven't finished anything yet.

1 comment:

X said...

I like your sock better than the one in the pattern photo!